When my now teenaged daughters were in preschool, they had a particular videotape that they viewed over and over and over again. I mean like ten times a day. No kidding. It almost drove me crazy! The video was called "Baby's Firsts", and along with a catchy little tune, it featured babies experiencing the world for the first time: baby's first toy, baby's first tooth, baby's first steps, etc.
After all these years, I'm thinking about that annoying video once again. This week I've experienced a whole string of firsts myself. It was my first week as principal! Bear with me as I list my brand new encounters from Week One. Catchy tune not included.
- Tanny's first morning announcements
- Tanny's first fire drill
- Tanny's first bus discipline
- Tanny's first thank you note from a 2nd grader
- Tanny's first use of a walkie-talkie
- Tanny's first office referral
- Tanny's first lunch duty (since 2001)
- Tanny's first walk-through with the Board president
- Tanny's first week as principal, filled with satisfaction
Check out Frazee's book here!